To assist in the planning and execution of marketing communications programs and projects within Creative Services by supporting the day-to-day client relationships, helping ensure the smooth running of campaigns, managing the day-to-day turnaround of work and ensuring it is produced on strategy, on time and on budget.
- Understand Nelnet’s business, product/service offering, markets and competition.
- Attend team and/or stakeholder meetings as determined appropriate by the account manager, account executive or other supervisors.
- Prepare project briefs and/or production notes as directed by the account manager or account executive.
- Assist in the development of marketing communications plans or creative briefs as facilitated by the account manager or account executive.
- Serve as a communication liaison with the account manager or account executive between Creative Services and stakeholders.
- Support monitoring of progress of jobs through Creative Services by working with Traffic to track, monitor and guide all jobs for their assigned stakeholders. In instances where deadlines may not be met, forewarn account manager or account executive as far in advance as possible.
- Perform a project management role for Nelnet’s school projects initiated by Campus Directors.
- Review all work from the creative team prior to stakeholder approval for grammatical, technical and visual accuracy, and overall brand consistency.
- Coordinates with stakeholders and the production department on media-related activity, including specifications, insertions and materials.
- Prepares production and/or other estimates for client approval.
- Evaluate results of the campaign, project and/or communications plan along with the account manager.
- Assists account manager or account executive in compiling information, secondary research and/or other data for various projects and campaigns.
- Tracks competitive creative work for assigned clients.
- Recruits and supervises interns.
- Other duties or special projects as may be assigned.
4-year degree in marketing or related field
1-2 years in agency or other marketing communications position
COMPETENCIES – SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:
Strategic, detail-oriented, good at building team and client relationships, organized, good at multi-tasking, quick to learn and work independently