Selling Skills and Client Value Delivery
- Responsible for developing and growing business partnerships with all business units of the assigned client(s). This approach will include but not be limited to:
- In-depth understanding of the client as demonstrated and communicated through a comprehensive business plan and monthly reports
- Conducting "C Suite" interactions that deepen our strategic partnerships
- Demonstrating the value of our portfolio through a thorough understanding of our client's management and business processes and the steps necessary to demonstrate value.
- Effective use and data entry of all appropriate CRM and analytics functionality.
- Develops, coordinates and guides the Account(s) strategy, which is designed to position Nelnet as a "Partner of Choice" and optimize revenue for all key products, within assigned account(s).
- Proactively seizes selling opportunities by demonstrating the ability to move seamlessly between technical product expertise and business development discussions; this includes consistently demonstrate Solution Selling skills.
- Negotiates and manages contracts with the assigned account(s) to optimize business results
- Works with all relevant Nelnet stakeholders/depts.
- Provides insight to Nelnet management on account(s) market, business and growth strategies to assist in defining long term relationship strategies and supporting product promotions.
Business Planning, Resource Allocation and Optimization
- Leads all aspects of Strategic Account's business plan execution
- Conduct quarterly business reviews and routinely adjust the strategies, tactics, and investments based on changing needs to maximize account performance
- Develop and execute a call-plan at the account level that delivers our reach / frequency expectations
Strategic Account Team Leadership/Teamwork, Collaboration and Coordination
- Builds strong collaborative relationships with internal Nelnet teams
- Routinely reviews common objectives, business plans and after action reviews on a quarterly basis with accounts
- Effectively Leads internal prep meetings and external Client Meetings
- Work with Nelnet colleagues in a professional manner to include consistent meeting expectations around integrity/compliance, work-ethic, role/responsibility, conduct/attire, effective communication/informing, all administrative responsibilities, and overall teamwork