- Participate in solution design to satisfy a wide range of business needs.
- Analysis and translation of business requirements into technical requirements for development, and creation of design documents and technical specifications.
- Adhere to Best Practices and Standards in the areas of technology and security.
- Provide post implementation support including, but not limited to, monitoring application performance and debugging existing code.
- Keep abreast of advancements and changes in technology and develop an understanding of how new technologies can be leveraged provide business solutions.
- After hours on call rotation
Additional Job Responsibilities for a Developer serving in a Technical Team Lead Role
The Technical Lead of Software Development serves as the technical expert for a development team. In doing so, this position mentors developers at all levels, models good development techniques, demonstrates an Agile mindset, and serves as the primary technical contact for the team.
- Technical resource as well as development team member. Holds shared responsibility to deliver team story commitments on a cross-functional team
- Mentor developers and promote good design patterns and writing, clean maintainable code.
- Champions and models Agile principles.
- Design solutions and collaborate with development team to build a quality product.
- Breaks development projects into tasks and helps coordinate work between multiple developers.
- Research ways to improve and enhance code, processes, and teams.
- Ensures team has a plan/structure to validate changes if there is an impact to the product.
- Stays informed of technology solutions not currently used, explores opportunities to leverage those solutions
- Participate in audit meetings (internal and customer facing)
- Takes a lead role to educate the team on standards, best practices, such as OWASP, SANS Top 10 Critical Controls