Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, preferably in business or technology.
- Minimum of 5 years of successful and highly accomplished professional experience in outside sales territory management including generating new business, maintaining current customer base and identifying and closing cross-sell opportunities.
- Experience in related technology or education field preferred.
- Higher education marketplace network a plus.
- Familiarity with the Bursar/Student Accounts Office/CFO/CIO/IT functions within higher education a plus.
- Payments industry experience a plus.
- Experience with commonly utilized ERP systems within Higher Education- Oracle (PeopleSoft, Cloud), Ellucian (Banner, Colleague, Power Campus), Workday, Jenzabar, etc. is preferred.
COMPETENCIES – SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Outgoing personality.
- Aptitude for Information Technology.
- Strong sales/presentation acumen.
- High level of integrity and ability to accurately convey information.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced organization.
- Self-motivated in order to achieve daily call volumes, as well as monthly and quarterly performance metrics.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and sales tracking systems (e.g. Outlook, Salesforce, etc.), as well as the capacity to effectively and efficiently learn about various software solutions.
- Ability to effectively communicate the value proposition of various software solutions to current and prospective clients, as well as conduct in-depth interviews to uncover pain points and potential opportunities.
- Aptitude to learn new markets and solution suites.
- Familiarity with research tools, networking sites and advanced internet search techniques.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Skilled communicator with exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Professional demeanor.
- Excellent organization, prioritization and analytical skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Self-confident with high energy and a “Can Do” attitude.
- Responsive with good follow-through.
- Willingness to adopt and promote Nelnet Campus Commerce policies and best practices and comply with standard operating procedures..
- Good time management with the ability to meet performance guidelines.