Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
COMPETENCIES – SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:
- Solve challenges involving scaling, high availability, reliability, data pipelines, micro-services, and more in your day-to-day work.
- Are comfortable building and scaling applications on one or more technologies that make up our stack: Kubernetes, Docker, Node.js, Redis, Postgres, Elasticsearch, Git, NATS, Terraform, and more.
- Can cross systems, DevOps, and application software boundaries.
- Have experience with Unix/Linux operating systems internals and administration (e.g., filesystems, inodes, system calls) or networking (e.g., TCP/IP, routing, network topologies, and hardware).
- Are fascinated by the complex issues that arise as a result of operating largescale systems and you understand that automation plays a critical role.
- Are skilled working directly on the command line and you take pride in building internal tools to help your team be more efficient.
- Love learning, enjoy playing with new tech and exploring areas that you might not have experience with yet.
- Love getting things done and you never give up, when it’s getting difficult. It’s a challenge to master every situation.
- Is a great problem solver who takes pride in their work;
- Enjoys building scalable and resilient systems;
- Has experience with automation and configuration management tools (like Ansible, Terraform, and Puppet);
- Understands server security concepts and implementations;
- Has experience managing production applications in the cloud (AWS
- Has created and worked with microservice infrastructures;
- Ideally has some experience deploying solutions to enterprise clients.
- U.S. Citizen