Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science and/or commensurate experience.
Minimum 3 years experience in a software development environment with strong skills in at least one key competency.
COMPETENCIES – SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:
- Experience designing, developing and executing reusable and maintainable automated scripts.
- Test automation development skills - not just record and playback - within an automation framework a must (ie CodedUI, Page Object Model).
- Experience with CodedUI and/or C#. Background creating automated regression suites that run in cross-browser environment.
- Previous exposure to page object design patterns highly desired.
- Experience working with Microsoft Team Foundation Server\ Visual Studio \ Microsoft Test Manager.
- Familiar with VMware Server/Desktop Virtualization.
- Experience automating test runs as part of Microsoft TFS builds.
- Basic database/SQL test experience.
- Performance and Load Testing experience a plus.
- Experience testing REST-based API and Web Services Testing a plus.
- Candidate must be comfortable operating in a consultative role within the organization (strong collaboration, negotiation and influencing skills).
- Works towards solving complex problems independently and generate solutions to recurring problems.
- Must be willing to take responsibility for resolving technical challenges impacting the department.
- Ability to conduct peer code reviews and mentor peers.
- Identify opportunities to improve maintainability and execution speed of automation platform.
- Strong analytical skills to determine effective approaches to create test automation solutions.
- Experience with Agile and Lean (Scrum, XP, Kanban) and Continuous Integration/Development.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Strong consensus building, multi-tasking, interpersonal, and analytical skills.
- Ability to work with both technical staff and clients.
- Self-directed and highly motivated.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance.