Nelnet is seeking Software Engineer Developer Interns to work with Nelnet’s clients and stakeholders in developing their required and desired functionality in a clear, organized manner. This role is within Nelnet Diversified Solutions and supports the IT Delivery Team.
- Experience using XML, JSON and fixed length files to enable the definition, transmission, validation and interpretation of data between applications and organizations.
- Experience with current web technologies and frameworks on the Java platform, jQuery, AngularJS or .NET.
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Comfortable using an agile development methodology and understanding of on-time/within-budget principles.
- Experience building and maintaining Java or C# applications and web services using Eclipse, IntelliJ or Visual Studio
- Software development experience using SQL.
- Familiarity with queuing technologies.
- Experience using automated build, testing and continuous integration tools in a distributed environment.
LOVE WHERE YOU WORK!
- Competetive Pay
- Flexible Schedule
- Casual Dress Environment
- Free Fruit & Coffee
- Learn New Skills
- Get Professional Experience
- Mentoring Program
- PING PONG TABLES!
Submit your resume to: NelnetCareers.com/Internships
This position requires work in support of the Company’s contract with the United States Department of Education (“ED”). As such, the United States Government requires that any applicant for this position must complete United States Government security clearance. Effective June 1, 2018, ED has informed Nelnet that security clearance applications for foreign nationals are not being accepted or processed. In light of this direction from ED, Nelnet will be unable to hire applicants without United States citizenship for such positions.
Nelnet, Inc. is seeking Software Engineering Interns to assist in the development of our web applications. Our Software Engineers are primarily responsible for building responsive web interfaces for our customer facing web applications, and corporate systems. In addition to the required technical skills, it is important that our developers be effective communicators and enjoy collaborating with cross-functional project team members. They should be comfortable interacting with internal client representatives, and therefore be able to demonstrate a professional attitude and strong customer service skills.
Positions are open in the following office locations: Burleson TX.
Email Alert Options
You can save these search settings as an email alert, meaning an email will be sent to you every time a new opening matches your criteria. If you would like to create an email alert, please fill out the form below and click the save button.