Nelnet’s Security Engineers work closely with our various business lines and our IT shared services team to help run, administer, implement our network infrastructure securely. It is imperative that our engineers understand the business, the goal, information technology, and security. You must be able to:
- Demonstrate an advanced level of understanding of numerous security products and processes.
- Identify, test, implement, and maintain the necessary security products and processes to cost-effectively and uniformly protect information systems assets from intentional or inadvertent modification, disclosure or destruction.
- Interface with both the business and user community to understand their security needs.
- Partner with our IT shared services team to understand Nelnet’s total technology roadmap
- Understand the policy, standards and procedures found in the Nelnet enterprise as well as understanding appropriate laws and regulations that our business.
- Review, analyze, implement and administer vendor and internally developed security software, products and procedures to address security requirements.
- Be responsible for the evaluation of new technologies, tools, and/or development techniques that impact security.
The Email/Chat team is responsible for servicing our student loan customers through inbound channels primarily including emails and chats. The services offered should provide solutions and options to manage loan debt. Through cross-training in the many functions of the Service and Repayment Center, the team is focused on providing one interaction resolutions to a customer’s question or issue.
If you are looking for:
- A comfortable, yet professional work environment
- Competitive pay
- Benefits including medical, dental and vision, as well as, tuition reimbursement, generous ETO, paid holiday’s, and much, much more
- A company that invests in its employees, including their growth within the company, and also invests in our community through various volunteer opportunities
Nelnet is searching for full-time Student Loan Advisor’s.
When borrowers of Federal student loans have questions or concerns, they call in to our Student Loan Advisor’s for support. An Advisor’s job is to assist people in finding a solution in an efficient, accurate and courteous manner. Some of the Student Loan Advisor’s job duties include billing assistance, payment plan inquiries and requests, and account maintenance.
After successful completion of 90 days of employment receive a $500.00 bonus. Come join our team for this and other great benefits by applying today!!
Training class to start June 3rd - Training hours will be Monday-Friday from 8:00am-5:00pm for the first 7 weeks.
Shifts offered after training:
Monday through Friday 12:30pm to 9:00pm
Saturday 8:30am to 5:00pm, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 12:30pm to 9:00pm (Sunday and Friday off)
This position requires work in support of the Company’s contract with the United States Department of Education (“ED”). As such, the United States Government requires that any applicant for this position must complete United States Government security clearance. Effective June 1, 2018, ED has informed Nelnet that security clearance applications for foreign nationals are not being accepted or processed. In light of this direction from ED, Nelnet will be unable to hire applicants without United States citizenship for such positions.
Maintain compliance standards through the review and completion of various tasks as part of Nelnet's Bankruptcy Team in our Claims Department. This includes system processing and reconciliation. Participate in meetings and represent the area on committees and project teams. Serve as a mentor and resource for management and staff.