Nelnet’s Security Engineers work closely with our various business lines and our IT shared services team to help run, administer, implement our network infrastructure securely. It is imperative that our engineers understand the business, the goal, information technology, and security. You must be able to:
- Demonstrate an advanced level of understanding of numerous security products and processes.
- Identify, test, implement, and maintain the necessary security products and processes to cost-effectively and uniformly protect information systems assets from intentional or inadvertent modification, disclosure or destruction.
- Interface with both the business and user community to understand their security needs.
- Partner with our IT shared services team to understand Nelnet’s total technology roadmap
- Understand the policy, standards and procedures found in the Nelnet enterprise as well as understanding appropriate laws and regulations that our business.
- Review, analyze, implement and administer vendor and internally developed security software, products and procedures to address security requirements.
- Be responsible for the evaluation of new technologies, tools, and/or development techniques that impact security.
Respond to incoming borrower interactions (inbound & outbound calls, webchats) and provide follow-up on inquires as needed. Candidates must
deliver a consistently high level of customer service and performance while working in a call center environment with multiple computer-based systems.
The Operations Trainer/Analyst is responsible for developing and maintaining the curriculum for multiple training audiences, developing and documenting training programs and delivering training in classroom, computer based and online settings. They will be responsible for evaluating training delivery methods and measuring results from the different methods to determine what is most effective. They will analyze current training needs and identify, research, develop, recommend and implement new and innovative training strategies’ within Operations on a go-forward basis.
Responds to incoming payer/applicant phone calls and emails, resolving various issues related to their payment accounts and provides follow-up on inquiries. Also makes outbound phone calls and sends emails associated with account research and problem resolution.
Formulates and defines system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements. Develops or modifies moderately complex information systems.
This position requires work in support of the Company’s contract with the United States Department of Education (“ED”). As such, the United States Government requires that any applicant for this position must complete United States Government security clearance. Effective June 1, 2018, ED has informed Nelnet that security clearance applications for foreign nationals are not being accepted or processed. In light of this direction from ED, Nelnet will be unable to hire applicants without United States citizenship for such positions.